On Saturday, May 5th, HomeBase™ joined the town of Lansing to celebrate their 125th anniversary at the Annual Good Neighbor Day Parade. The HomeBase™ team had the pleasure of walking alongside brokers from RE/MAX 2000 and local PNTN members. We had a great time meeting the friendly folks that came out to celebrate and were inspired inspired to see what else Lansing has to offer.
Here is HomeBase’s™ round up of the top 5 things to see and do in and around Lansing this summer:
1. The LOOP! The annual summer bike ride is a fun way to see Lansing and its surrounding communities. This year’s event will take place on July 20th. Pedal on over to get $15 off your early bird registration now through June 1st.
2. Looking for a sweet treat? Check out Gayety’s Chocolates and Ice Cream Co. Established in 1920, Gayety’s continues to be recognized for their homemade ice cream with features on the Food Network, Chicago’s Best, 190 North and many more. Make like a banana and split right over to Gayety’s this summer.
3. You know what they say, it’s 5pm somewhere! Belly up to the bar and have a cold brew at One Trick Pony Brewery. This quaint microbrewery specializes in brewing their own craft beers and whiskey. If you enjoy a good beer, this is the spot to be.
4. A mere 3 miles from Lansing, Munster, IN is home to the beautiful Centennial Park. This family friendly park is a perfect summer outing for you and your little ones. Experience the outdoors with various walking paths, a playground and lake. Pack up your picnic and enjoy lunch under the covered picnic areas throughout the park. Looking for a spot to host your next BBQ? You can even rent one of the Centennial Park shelters.
5. Theatre at the Center, located 2 miles from Lansing, makes live theater available for all ages. There is something for everyone from shows, family festivals, workshops and more. To check it out, visit www.theatreatthecenter.com.
Contact Hannah at email@example.com for participation support in your neighborhood events. HomeBase™ proudly endorses the neighborhood Shop Local movement.